The Riley Puglisi Double Bass
The Riley was part of the 2005 10th Anniversary Quartet, celebrating the 10 anniversary of founder Benedict G. Puglisi’s Hawthorn workshop. Also named in dedication to the late Double Bass repairer and maker Alan Riley of The Sydney Bass Shop, this instrument has been built for ease of playability. From the convenient string length of 40 ¾ inches, to the smallish neck rounding of the upper bout edgework and including the light King Billy pine internal blocks, this instrument has been made with the player’s convenience firmly in mind. The Riley features a large volume and full tone due to its large bodied modelling.
This Double Bass is sold.
Out of stock
Enquiry about The Riley Puglisi Double Bass
This spectacularly flamed instrument features a two-piece, low arched maple back. The low arching assists in achieving an immediate tonal response. The back is also decorated with a simple leaf motif in the purfling. The purfling is unique to Atelier Puglisi with its pinstriped ebony centre and poplar inserts. The irregular grained spruce top has been shaped and arched to work in sympathy with the maple back.
- Suitable for all applications, but ideal for fast, soloist playing.
- This instrument features an 89cm ‘A’ grade ebony fingerboard with matching nut, saddle and Hill style tailpiece
- The endpin is the deluxe German Ulsa type with detachable tip.
- A deluxe ‘A’ grade French Aubert bridge with brass adjusters has been fitted to suit and original.
- Handmade Royle machine heads, exclusive to Benedict, complete the set up.
Upper bout: !
Lower bout: !
String length: 104cm (40 ¾ inches)
This Double Bass is sold. For further information, please contact us via the contact form on our website.